The Mount Hawthorn area was first selected for urban development in 1887. In the late 1890s part of it was purchased by a syndicate of Edward Wittenoom, a politician and pastoralist; James Hicks and C. L. W. Clifton. When this group subdivided their land in 1903, Hicks called his portion of the subdivision Hawthorn Estate, as he had recently been in Melbourne and stayed at Hawthorn.
Median price for houses
Median price for units
Annual growth of houses
Annual growth of units
recorded house sales in Mount Hawthorn over the past 12
recorded unit sales in Mount Hawthorn over the past 12